2019 Annual Meeting - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa4401 Floridian Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
NOTE: Registration is still open, but accommodations are sold out.
THE 2019 ANNUAL MEETING STARTS THURSDAY, JUNE 20!
Conventiongram-Last Minute Info
- You must register for the Annual Meeting prior to securing your hotel reservation at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa or Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Once you register, you will be given a unique code allowing you to book your room
- PRIORITY FOR DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA WILL BE GIVEN TO MEMBERS WHO PURCHASE A FULL REGISTRATION PACKAGE
- Members staying at either Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa or Disney's Contemporary Resort will enjoy a reduced rate of $265.00 for single/double occupancy (additional persons 18 years and older are $25.00 per person per night)
- If you have not registered for the Annual Meeting and booked your room by May 28, you may need to reserve a room at a different property or pay the standard hotel rate
- If you require more than one hotel room, we ask that you book your stay at Disney's Contemporary Resort. As we get closer to the Annual Meeting date, we may be able to relocate you to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa if rooms are available
- NAME BADGES MUST BE WORN; THEY ARE YOUR TICKET TO ATTEND ALL PROGRAMS, MEALS AND RECEPTIONS (children included).
- ID REQUIRED FOR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES.
- DISNEY PASSES ARE NOT REPLACEABLE.
Each full registration comes with a one-day Disney Park Hopper pass (four parks, transferable and valid for two years), so we encourage you to register the entire family and enjoy this special benefit
- Parks include
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
- Magic Kingdom® Park
EDUCATION GATHERING OF LEADERS
- For registration cancellations on or before June 14, Leadership Florida will provide a full registration refund, less a $75 processing fee per adult registration or a $25 processing fee per child registration. Daily a-la-carte registrations will incur a $25 processing fee per day registered. Cancellations after that date are non-refundable.
- Details and registration for optional excursions are HERE.
REGISTRATION TIP FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT LOGGED IN TO THE NEW LEADERSHIP FLORIDA WEBSITE
If you have not yet logged into the Leadership Florida website, you must follow the steps below to successfully in order to log in and register for the Annual Meeting.
- Click HERE to reset your password.
- Enter the e-mail address that you receive communications from Leadership Florida at (this is the primary e-mail address we have on file for you)
- Look for an e-mail sent to you from email@example.com with a link to reset your password and click the link.
- Once you click the reset link, enter your e-mail and new password
- Login and register for the Annual Meeting
If you have any questions, please call Leadership Florida staff at (850) 521-1220.
|4:30 PM - 5:30 PM||LIFETIME MEMBER RECEPTION - sponsored by BANK OF AMERICA|
|5:30 PM - 6:30 PM||ARTHUR BROOKS - sponsored by GUNSTER Author of Love Your Enemies: How Decent People Can Save America from the Culture of Contempt and contributing opinion writer for the Washington Post.|
|6:30 PM - 8:00 PM||WELCOME RECEPTION - sponsored by DISNEY|
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||Breakfast - sponsored by TECO/PEOPLES GAS|
|8:30 AM - 9:30 AM||BRYAN STEVENSON - sponsored by GULF POWER Author of Just Mercy and founder of the Equal Justice Initiative|
|9:30 AM - 10:30 AM||KEN GRONBACH - sponsored by WALMART Nationally-recognized author, expert, and futurist of Demography and Generational Marketing|
|10:30 AM - 10:45 AM||Break - sponsored by FLORIDA EAST COAST INDUSTRIES|
|10:45 AM - 5:00 PM||EDUCATION GATHERING OF LEADERS sponsored by HELIOS - with speakers ARNE DUNCAN, RUBY PAYNE & FORMER WV GOV. BOB WISE. Panel discussion "Equity for All" sponsored by FLORIDA COLLEGE ACCESS NETWORK Separate $60 registration - includes lunch*|
|10:45 AM - 11:45 AM||ARNE DUNCAN - sponsored by THE BILL & MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION Former U.S. Secretary of Education|
|11:45 AM - 12:15 PM||Break - sponsored by JM FAMILY ENTERPRISES|
|12:15 PM - 1:15 PM||LUNCH - sponsored by MOSAIC - with BRIAN JUSTIN CRUM - sponsored by GRAY | ROBINSON America’s Got Talent finalist and talented vocalist|
|1:15 PM - 2:15 PM||DAVID LAWRENCE, JR - sponsored by PNC BANK Former Miami Herald Publisher and Children’s Movement leader|
|2:15 PM - 12:00 AM||ENJOY DISNEY AND EXCURSIONS - Have a magical time! *See a schedule of Excursions at https://www.leadershipflorida.org/events/2019-annual-meeting-excursions|
|6:00 PM - 11:00 PM||KID'S NITE OUT - sponsored by PUBLIX|
|6:15 AM - 7:30 AM||LEADERSHIP FLORIDA FUN RUN - sponsored by UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI HEALTH|
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||Breakfast - sponsored by ORLANDO HEALTH|
|8:30 AM - 9:30 AM||BRAD MELTZER - sponsored by NEMOURS CHILDREN'S HEALTH SYSTEM NY Times Best-selling political thriller novelist, TV show creator, and comic book author|
|9:30 AM - 10:30 AM||LIZ MURRAY - sponsored by FLORIDA BLUE Homeless to Harvard, a story of her journey from starving as a child in the Bronx to Ivy League success has become an American bestseller|
|10:30 AM - 10:45 AM||Break - sponsored by CIGNA|
|10:45 AM - 11:45 AM||ARNE DUNCAN - sponsored by THE BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION Former U.S. Secretary of Education|
|10:45 AM - 5:00 PM||EDUCATION GATHERING OF LEADERS sponsored by HELIOS - with speakers ARNE DUNCAN, RUBY PAYNE & FORMER WV GOV. BOB WISE. Panel discussion "Equity for All" sponsored by FLORIDA COLLEGE ACCESS NETWORK Separate $60 registration - includes lunch* EDUCATION CLASS 4 CONGRATULATIONS & PHOTO will take place during the Gathering of Education Leaders|
|11:45 AM - 12:15 PM||Break - sponsored by ADVENTHEALTH|
|12:00 PM - 6:00 PM||ENJOY DISNEY AND EXCURSIONS - Have a magical time! See a schedule of Excursions at https://www.leadershipflorida.org/events/2019-annual-meeting-excursions|
|6:00 PM - 11:00 PM||KID'S NITE OUT - sponsored by PUBLIX|
|6:00 PM - 7:00 PM||Recognition of Leadership Florida's Newest Graduates - sponsored by JEA (Cornerstone 37 & Connect 9)|
|6:30 PM - 8:00 PM||CLASS PHOTOS (Cornerstone Classes 1-36, Connect Classes 1-8, Education Classes 1-4, Executive Classes & College Classes) - sponsored by WELLS FARGO|
|7:00 PM - 8:00 PM||PRE-DINNER/DANCE RECEPTION - sponsored by WELLS FARGO|
|8:00 PM - 11:00 PM||ANNUAL CLASS REUNION - DINING AND DANCING - sponsored by FLORIDA POWER & LIGHT ATTIRE IS RELAXED RESORT CASUAL - Come as a “Grand Floridian” in guayabera shirts, bright sundresses, Bermuda shorts and more! Featuring BLONDE AMBITION - the premiere dance-driven party band sponsored by Verizon|
|8:00 AM - 9:00 AM||Breakfast - sponsored by AARP|
|9:30 AM - 10:30 AM||LT. GENERAL DAN CHRISTMAN, USA (Ret.) - sponsored by iBERIABANK Senior counselor for international affairs at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and retired career military officer and former assistant to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.|
|10:30 AM - 11:30 AM||Annual Leadership Florida Business Meeting - sponsored by RAYMOND JAMES|
|11:30 AM - 12:00 PM||2019 ANNUAL MEETING ADJOURNS|