Empowering Ourselves to
Create a More Equitable Florida
Tuesday, May 18
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM EDT
Special Council on Equity, Equality & Justice!
FREE "Member-only" Event
Virtual Seminar Topics
- History and Pervasive Nature of Structural Racism in the United States
- Psychological Development of and Damage to Individuals who are Discriminated Against
- Our Work Is Undone: Living in Moments of Racial Injustice—A Time for Understanding, Reflection, and ActionOur Work Is Undone: Living in Moments of Racial Injustice—A Time for Understanding, Reflection, and Action• Addressing Personal Racism and Privilege• Beyond Just Not Being Racist
- Legislative Panel Discussion: Empowering Ourselves for Change: JUSTICE—economic, social, criminal, environmental
- Leadership Florida Panel Discussion: Empowering Ourselves for Change: ACCESS—physical health, mental health, education, employment
- Have you previously created your account?
- Are you logged in?
- Have you paid your 2020-2021 dues?
A Special Thank You to
Thank you to our Sponsors!
For More Information:
Dr. Reginald K. Ellis
In the Fall of 2011, Dr. Ellis was hired as an Assistant Professor of History at Florida A&M University and earned Tenure and Promotion to Associate Professor of History in the Fall of 2017. Since his arrival at FAMU, he has instructed an array of courses that include: Black Americans in the 20th Century; Introduction to African American History; The African American Experience; Oral Historical Studies and Selected Topics in the Twentieth Century. Due to his teaching philosophy and engaging lectures, he was honored by his students and colleagues by being named the 2016-2017 Florida A&M University Teacher of the Year!
Dr. Anika C. Fields
Dr. David E. Jones
David Jones is a leading voice for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and a highly respected and sought-after diversity consultant, strategist, executive, and community leader. He has nearly two decades of experience serving in diversity, equity, and inclusion consultant and executive diversity roles for organizations across various professional industries. He is a Chief Diversity Officer and Director of Talent Management at William Paterson University.